Gota Canal (an o with dots!)

Who would have thought that after the momentum of 3 trains, 2 buses, and walking 50 meters (?) I would have to cry to get to rent a bike. But that is the power of tears. And who would have known that in Sweden the "season" would be over by the beginning of September--in Chicago we're just getting over the hell of summer and finally enjoying reasonably comfortable temperatures. Yet the season was over and the man who rented bikes was out fishing.

So I stood by the road and cried. Well, more like in a small food shop. The clerk was a Hindi woman who said , one moment, I will get my husband. She returned with said husband who rented me a bike and a room in his small establishment, and literally in 15 minutes I had dried my eyes and was on the famous, World HeritGe site: Got a Canal.

And because this is Sweden, I could cycle until sunset which gave me 4 hours to bike.






Comments