Day 5, Titusville - Sebastian Inlet Marina

Titusville - Sebastian Inlet Marina

Wednesday February 4, 2015, 55 miles (89 km) - Total so far: 238 miles (383 km)

What a beautiful ride today. Yes, I was tired and ready to quit, but the weather and roads were great.
One word=Indian River, this road inspired me. I can't say why exactly. Maybe when I get home and update I'll have an epiphany. It was quiet, went along the river, and mostly I had it all to myself. I felt like I was in another world and so glad to be alive and in Florida.

In Cocoa Beach a very nice, well put-together woman on her bike stopped me. She really wanted me to come to her house for breakfast, to do my laundry. I hated to say no; I had just stopped and wanted to keep going. She said she had cycled across the country in 1977, Bikecentennial. Plus found out she was pregnant. She still finished the ride. She was a real trip.

All too quickly that ended and I was back to the real world of ugly sprawl and fast traffic. And, after that a lot of my energy went away. I made it over the causeway bridge to the inlet. On one side I see the Atlantic and on the other is Indian River. Also this afternoon I was dealing with a cross wind from the east.

I was happy to stop at Sebastian State Park where a ranger informed me I was not at their camping place. Oh. And, that it was over the tall bridge and full up. Oh. But there was primitive camping available at the Marina for a reduced price. Okay!






Comments