True Love Will Go On



A little over 3 months ago I wrote True Love.

I’m sorry to write that over the weekend, Valentine’s Day weekend, time ran out . A good friend lost his struggle with cancer. He was a father, husband, musician, dreamer. And, this seems so unfair. Of course if it were fair it would be rationale, make all sorts of sense, and most likely have resolution. Instead, I am lost for words, without the mental capacity to imagine, and there is certainly many unanswered questions. Most of all: why?

On your journey Don Hill, I wish you well. I wish you synthesizers and electronic soundscapes, McDonald’s at Wilson and Sheridan, and long conversations in the lobby while waiting for the school bus, or in the dining room with Jude at your feet holding a blue train called Thomas. I wish you God’s speed, whatever that is, and good luck, whatever that may be. But, most of all, I wish you were here.

Comments